Stupid Batshuayi hit post for extra followers, jokes Mertens

Dries Mertens joked that Michy Batshuayi is a "stupid guy" and suggested he smashed the ball into his own face to gain more social media followers. 


Batshuayi went viral after an attempted goal celebration during the 1-0 World Cup defeat of England went wrong, the striker smashing the ball against the post and not able to duck away in time when it rebounded into his face.


"Ahahha I knew I would be f***** the minute I come to my mentions. Why am I so stupid bro. S*** hurts," Batshuayi wrote on Twitter, going on to share a clip of the bizarre moment.


"Fortnite celebrations [are] so overrated bro I had to create something new."

And Batshuayi"s Belgium colleagues do not have much sympathy for their luckless team-mate.


"He [Batshuayi] is a bit of a stupid guy, we like to joke with him," Mertens told a news conference.


"I think he is very funny on social media and everything and I don"t know if he did it for extra followers or something.

"But it was really funny."



Adnan Januzaj"s goal - his first for Belgium - ensured his side set up a last-16 tie with Japan, although Batshuayi"s celebration overshadowed him.


"I think he [Batshuayi] wanted to score also!" The former Manchester United winger said.


"But unfortunately for him he hit the post, but then he scored a header which was nice.


"But yeah, it was a funny celebration to see."



Source: https://www.fourfourtwo.com/sg/news/stupid-batshuayi-hit-post-extra-followers-jokes-mertens

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Johnny English Strikes Again" for more family-friendly fun

What can we learn from the people Trump has pardoned so far?

Woman sheds fat and gets ripped in 5 months WITHOUT diets: "They"re stupid"